Quarter 1 of 2022 is over and now we are onto looking towards Q2 of 2022. This also brings about the topic of looking at March dividends.
March, June, September and December cycle of dividends is usually the worst for me. I had mentioned this in my December income report as well. This March however has been a welcome surprise and didn’t follow the same trend.
This March has been the best month ever in dividend performance. I crossed the $100 mark for the first time so definitely a big milestone.
So overall the dividends totaled to $142.58 from 18 different companies. Most of the credit for it goes to the special dividend by Rocket companies pulling in $102.19. The special dividend from rocket was $1.01 per share paid out on March 22nd.
Dividend amounts by company
Here is the breakdown of dividends by each company.
|Archer Daniels Midland||ADM||$3.60|
|Bath & Body Works||BBWI||$3.40|
|Invesco S&P 500 High Dividend Low Volatility ETF||SPHD||$0.14|
There were 5 companies with dividend increases.
- Wells Fargo dividend increased by 25%. Dividend was $0.20 per share in December and this time around was $0.25 per share.
- Archer Daniels Midland dividend went up from $0.37 to $0.40 which is an increase of about 8.1%.
- A massive increase 33.3% dividend in Bath & Body Works. Dividend used to be $0.15 and now its $0.20.
- 3M had a dividend increase of 1 penny bringing it up to $1.49 per share. An increase of less than 1%.
- Gilead science increased dividends by 2.8%, an increase of 2 cents per share in dividends.
Dividend amount by month
My previous dividend income reports did not have the amounts for January to March 2021. I went back and found my old statements to complete it for the whole 2021 year. This is really going to help with the year over year comparisons and it also makes the chart look complete.
Year over year dividend increase of a humongous 337%. The chances of seeing this level of dividends next March is probably very slim. Perhaps a more appropriate way to look at it would be by excluding the special dividend from Rocket. Year over year growth was 24% even with the special dividend removed which is still very good.